Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sick days

It started on Friday (Jan. 29, 2010) when I feel a bit uncomfortable. I was feeling dizzy and cold inside. In spite of this, I still went to work and continue doing my tasks, though I wasn’t performed it well because of the temperature inside the office. It makes me feel worse. When the clock strikes 6:00 in the afternoon (I arrived minutes before 9:00 in the morning), I immediately fix myself and go home. I didn’t send an email update to my mentor in Atlanta. Well, that’s okay because my activity here is track through a project monitoring tool and my team leader already knows about my status in the project. It usually took me two jeepney rides before it reaches me home. And within this ride, I feel asleep. Good thing I was able to stop at my destination.

Saturday morning when I feel better, so I started cleaning my room and took care of my nephew MJ. I even go to mall and withdrew some cash, and do a little shopping for some groceries. Saturday night when I feel dizzy again and I can’t breathe through my nose because it is clogged. I haven’t a good sleep that night because I feel really cold. My mother woke up because of the noise I made and was worried about me. She took care of me all night, or maybe dawn, till morning. After that, I feel comfy in my sleep and I even woke up around 8:00am. I still feeling cold but better than what I felt last night and then I prepared myself for my usual Sunday fellowship. My mother scolded me for attending the said fellowship when I am not okay. But I responded that God is my strength and will guide me to the fellowship till I go home. So, I still went on to my fellowship. My brothers and sisters in the ministry as well as my BS leader noticed my pale face when I arrived at the fellowship place. They took good care of me until the fellowship is over. It was a half-paying attention to the speaker; by the way the speaker that day was my BS leader, but I managed to keep myself awake as I was praising God to the most high of my energies.

After the fellowship, there was a meeting for the young professionals of God and I attended to it without paying much attention. They even asked me if it’s okay I will be the group’s treasurer and then I nodded to say yes. Then later I realized what I was nodded to: I’m the group’s TREASURER?!? Oh well, that’s the prize of not paying attention to a meeting. That was understood then because I was not okay, but still I am the treasurer, so be it. After the meeting, I packed myself ready to go home and sleep. My mother called a ‘manghihilot’ neighbor and gave me a relaxing full body massage. Wow! Then after that I fall asleep. It was a good soundless sleep. I woke up when it was time to eat dinner. YEPEE!!! I was feeling better that time but my mother demanded me not to go to work tomorrow (Monday). But I insisted because I still have some tasks to do. But I was scolded. It was a long blah blah blah from her that it was my fault that I am sick today. I did not care for my body, etc. So I ended up texting my team leader that I cannot go to work the next day morning. Then, I sleep the whole day till afternoon. Then I made sure my body is ready to work for tomorrow Tuesday for I still have a lot of tasks to do.

And now February 2, 2010 here in front of my desktop, I am writing this blog after reading 100 emails from my outlook, usually coming from my friends in CIT from our mailing list cit@charoot.com. Bye for now, I am now busy with my tasks.

It was a long weekend, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment